The Intentional Board™
Strengthen your knowledge. Advance your purpose.
A one-day course for your whole board, the Intentional Board™ is tailored to address topics specific to your board and your organization. The day begins with WATSON’s foundational principles of Governing with Intention™ followed by an afternoon of customized modules most relevant to your governance challenges.
The Intentional Board™ is perfect for augmenting annual director education plans and board orientation.
- Principles of an intentional approach to governance
- WATSON’s governance model
- The legal foundation of your board
- Director duties and responsibilities
Afternoon Agenda – 2 to 3 of the following modules
- Leadership in the Boardroom: The Chair-CEO Relationship
- Evaluation: Enhancing board performance
- Renewal and Diversity: Getting the board you need to succeed
- The Line: Navigating the grey line between board and management
- Dynamics: Creating the culture you want
- Strategic Perspective: Elevating the board’s contribution
- Design Practices: Building the boardroom you need
- Boardroom Roles: Maximizing your key roles
What Your Board Receives
- The Intentional Board™ Handbook – a collection of governance practices, templates and insights on specific topics
- WATSON Views – Articles on emerging governance issues
- Room at a Glance – A snapshot of your board. Perceptions of your directors’ and board’s governance practices and performance
- Action Plan (post workshop) – An outline of key actions and ideas generated in the workshop that the board wishes to implement and explore
Bottom line? Your board will perform better.