Chair with Intention™
As goes the chair, so goes the board – dynamics, effectiveness, performance.
WATSON’s Chair with Intention™ brings together chairs – current, incoming and aspiring – to tackle the challenges chairs face in and between meetings. Balancing practical tips and techniques with leading governance practices, participants will walk away with a customized action plan to elevate the board’s contribution and help your organization perform better. You’ll find a safe and confidential place to share experiences and learn with fellow chairs – in camera.
- Build a culture of shared experiences
- Explore the practices and processes to elevate your performance
- Tackle current issues head on
- Assess personal performance and develop customized action plans
- Clarify the attributes and responsibilities of an effective chair
- Lead meetings to enhance director contribution and elevate conversations resulting in better decision-making
- Strengthen relationships with key stakeholders both in and between meetings
- Develop a finely balanced CEO-Chair relationship and clarity in oversight
- Explore emergent practices in chair succession from recruitment and orientation to evaluation
- Refine facilitation skills to foster a stronger board culture
- Current, incoming and aspiring chairs
- Committee chairs
- Chair with Intention™ Handbook
- The Chair at the Table
- Assessments to measure their chair skills and attributes
- Templates to bring back to the boardroom to elevate your board’s leadership practices
$1,475 Regular Fee
Includes breakfast, lunch and evening reception
Bottom Line? You’ll earn your place at the head of the table.