Do you really know how your board is doing? Looking for ways to prioritize how to improve your board’s performance? WATSON gets all the cards out on the (boardroom) table.
Every board needs regular evaluation. We gather honest feedback from multiple stakeholders, facilitate meaningful discussion and help design a practical roadmap forward. We help take your board from good to great.
What we evaluate
How does the performance of your board chair, committee chairs and corporate secretary impact your board’s effectiveness? Does the dynamic in the boardroom create the space for the conversations you need to have?
How does your board engage in its work, and how do you monitor progress? How do your committees support the board? How effectively does the board oversee and monitor the work of management?
How well do the board and management team work together to navigate the tricky line between governance and operations? Does the relationship with management help or hinder directors’ ability to do their job?
- A straightforward plan clarifying priorities and encouraging directors to reflect on the board’s performance and articulate honest feedback.
- An unbiased perspective that elevates the conversation and strengthens relationships to help you get from good to great.
- A customized and responsive process that is able to deal with emerging issues and political realities.
- A clear succinct report that outlines challenges and pinpoints practical recommendations.
- A meaningful, facilitated debrief that combines honest dialogue, best practice education and action planning.
Self Evaluation Can Be Powerful
If you value feedback but wish to bring your evaluation in house, we can help. WATSON’s Board Self Assessment is perfect for boards that may be time-constrained or looking to complement their annual evaluation plans with an in-house option. WATSON brings our quality and expertise. You take the lead.