Unless you are a mega organization most companies shudder at the word governance. But good governance helps everyone in an organization work effectively together towards the same goals.
- Establishing and Updating Governance Frameworks
- Director Education
- Facilitated Board Retreats
- Director Peer Exchange Forums
Establishing and Updating Governance Frameworks
Unless you are a mega organization, most companies shudder at the word governance. But good governance helps everyone in an organization work effectively together towards the same goals.
- Establish and update your governance frameworks, incorporating best practices into the organization’s unique environment and operating culture.
- Create a solid set of governance policies to guarantee a high performing board.
Even directors, who are highly experienced in their own right, benefit from education around governance.
- Talk about governance in a way that is engaging and propels directors into high performance mode.
- Provide ongoing education so your members are applying best practices to your board.
- Help directors understand their responsibilities and carry them out effectively. (It’s not rocket science but it’s not always intuitive either).
Facilitated Board Retreats
Would you recognize one of your board members in casual attire? Get to know your board members and understand their backgrounds, skills, and vision for the board.
- Facilitate Board Retreats that help boards gel as a team and focus on high priority items they need to address in the coming year.
- Provide a safe forum for open dialogue, creativity and discipline for specific action.
- Deliver a report identifying key items discussed and action items agreed upon.
Director Peer Exchange Forums
The difference between a good board and a great board is how things are done in the boardroom. You can learn the “what” from a textbook, but to understand the “how”, this is the value that WATSON brings to directors.
- Build a culture of shared experiences to learn from others in similar roles and situations through Director Peer Exchange Forums.
- Provide a safe and confidential forum for directors to bring new meaning to the words “in camera”.